Winterr's words

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Be tagged

I have been tagged by Jose`
I was about to post mine in his comments but then I noticed I was tagged, and since he called me "The queen of Winterr" I shall do it ;)

So this here is about quotes that mean something to us, that just stick and we remember them and also live by them and that are special to us.
For example Jose` has a neat tattoo of Phillipians 4:12

Well enough said, here are mine:

"if you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost, that is where they should be, now put foundations under them"
~Henry David Thoreau.

Doing what we can to acchieve our dreams and goals is better than just sitting there dreaming about them right? That's why I like this one.

"When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness"
~Jesus Christ

I don't think that there is a quote by Jesus that I don't like. This quote should speak for itself why I like it and live by it, I know that Jesus came into this world and became a sacrifice, so that we do not stay in the darkness but choose to walk in the light.

"Come ye, blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world, for..
I was hungry and you gave me food
I was thirsty and you gave me drink
I was a stranger and you welcomed me
I was naked and you clothed me,
I was sick and you visited me,
I was imprisoned , you came to see me
truly truly I say unto you, as often as you did it to one of my least brothers, you DID IT TO ME"
~Jesus Christ: Matt 25:34-36, 40

Isnt this what being Christian is all about? What we do while we are here and to who we do it to? Who do we choose to help, only people that look ok? or the very LEAST of them? I always try to think this way, I try to treat you the way I would treat my God. (ok I don't really succeed at treating you that good)

"love others as God loves you, remember works of love are works of Peace"
Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Yeah works of love are very much works of peace and so much more.
So now be tagged readers, especially hmmmm who can I do it to.....

Antonia I know you like these things and Steff go on, you can do it ;) but if you read this you are tagged anyway.

posted by Unknown at 4:41 PM

8 Comments:

Those were some really nice quotes!hehe! Thanks for the tag! :-)
-x-

1:05 AM  

hmmm... I love quotes! These were some good ones!

usabesky
USA be sky (lol)

8:19 AM  

awwww you tagged me! I will do it in e few days I need to think on that one a bit, okaay? But no worries, I will take the tag (does that word exist?) :)

1:00 PM  

Oops! I spelled Stef as "Steff" sorry Steffy dear I didn't proof read I got lazy.
Antonia thanx glad u like them, I have many and had to work out which ones to use. Glad you liked em too Sprite.
Great Cube, we can look forward to more prizes! I'm waiting for the 100,000 dollars prize also.

kctczm
kicking carmel torments carmel's zealous mother! (I just had to after Sprite did that)

1:26 PM  

I like your quotes :) I particularly like reading quotes and stuff. My favourite is "How can you be lonely when you have yourself?" which I guess I'm still trying to make that apply to me.

11:06 AM  

Alex,
Thanx! Today is the first time I heard that quote which you just gave me, then my friend quoted it not long after you!
One small step at a time and you will see yourself get stronger. x

4:58 PM  

Now that is some cool ink! I need to get around to posting pics of my tats.

9:54 AM  

well I shall be checking for those tatts on your blog!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home