Winterr's words

Friday, August 17, 2007

The Irish Festival

So we did actually make it to the Irish festival and it did not rain! This is my second time there and it's just as good as the last time.
Sadly, one of the performers called Tommy Makem had passed away only a few days before the event, and we were hoping to see him there.
We did hear other Irish music, one band in particular was Flogging Molly which were pretty good, they are so popular, so they drew in a large crowd.
On top of the great music there was good food and stalls. We had a great time and I'll have to wait until next year!

Here is a picture of Flogging Molly that I took, although, you can barely see them so get your microscopic lenses out.

Labels:

posted by Unknown at 9:45 AM

6 Comments:

i'm trying to figure something to do for this weekend. a fair or festival of some sort sounds interesting, although i don't know of any going on in my neck of the woods.

11:28 AM  

Flogging Molly is great live!

12:56 PM  

I can't believe you saw Flogging Molly! Awesome.

1:14 AM  

I just discovered the greatness of Flogging Molly 2 weeks ago (downloaded several of their songs for my MP3 player) and here you are talking about seeing them! Small world.

6:47 PM  

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Tommy Makem passed away. I remember listening to him in college.

2:02 PM  

Tommy Makem died!? That's horrible. The Makem Brothers are one of my favorite bands! I can't believe I didn't hear about this.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home