Winterr's words

Friday, June 08, 2007

Soccer star responds to Gisele's anti-Catholic comments


In my last post, I wrote about how supermodel Gisele, voiced her views on the Catholic Church's teaching, in regards to contraception and purity, although, by what I have read, I doubt that she knows exactly what the Church teaches.
I did find a beautiful response to her comments by a Brazilian soccer star named Ricardo Izecson Santos Leite.
He said that “The Bible teaches that true love waits until marriage,"
Then he talked about his marriage: “If our life today is so beautiful, I think it is because we waited."
and about being chaste before marriage: "was important, as it tested our love."
If we taught more about love and not giving in to every desire right away, if we taught about purity, if it were made to be "in" or "cool" that would be the best STD prevention you could get. If everyone waited for their "one" person, there would not be so much sexually transmitted disease around. People who do go out there and have sex freely, are in need of protection against diseases, I know that. But what I am addressing are the ways we can think about changing the way we view sex.
I think more people should tell how they waited, I cannot be an example because I did not take any major Christian view on until later in my life, I grew up with Catholic parents, but they had no idea how to address purity, so it was never talked about. I had no Christian friends and read all the wrong magazines, looked up to so many of the wrong people etc. But when I did take on the Christian lifestyle, I waited. I met my now husband and we waited almost 5 beautiful years. It was great to show love in other ways. And it does make a big difference in your relationship, and there is also a big difference in how you feel about your body.

Labels:

posted by Unknown at 5:11 AM

3 Comments:

Wonderful! Great that in this spoilt world is place for the true love.

7:27 AM  

Awesome post Carmel! That soccer player is a bit of orright hahaha.

10:46 AM  

Krystyna, indeed!
Jessy,
He is a bit of orright isn't he? I love the way you put it lol.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home