Winterr's words

Monday, April 02, 2007

House of Miracles


I can't say whether it truly is a miracle or not until it is approved by the Church, but I like to keep an open mind, as I do believe in miracles. If I lived in Sydney, Australia, I would visit this home. Again, I don't know if it is a true miracle and I cannot speak for the Church unless it is approved.
Here is the story of the house of miracles, that I took from the Today tonight homepage and it's by Laticia Gibson,

After a 17-year-old boy died, oil began seeping through his bedroom walls and ash appeared on the floor. Some now believe he was a messenger of God.

There are crowds in a suburban Sydney street this evening, as there have been for weeks.

They are hoping for a miracle, to be touched by the hand of God. All because of a young boy who died and occurrences inside the house that are so far unexplained by science.

They line up for hours, hundreds at a time, to enter the small suburban home, a place thousands call "God on Earth".

Inside the home, oil is slowly seeping from walls and paintings, while ash on the floor is said to be a miracle cure for the mind, body and soul. The deliverer: a dead boy..

Five months ago, 17-year-old Michael Tannous was tragically killed in a car crash.

Forty days later, Mike's God-fearing parents, George and Lina noticed a strange line of oil appear on his bedroom wall and the smell of roses filled parts of the home.

Ash, the colour of coal, inexplicably began materalising from thin air. His parents believe it is a sign their son is still alive.

According to the Tannous family, the line of oil has multiplied and spread across the walls.

As well as the miracle oil, Mike's initials and a cross have also appeared. If you believe the believers, even Jesus has been spotted on the ceiling of a neighbouring room.

Now, the young and old are making pilgrimages to this 24-hour cathedral to those seeking to be healed by God.

Among them was 12-year-old Elana Ibiahim, who says her crippling joint pain is gone, healed by a magic elixir, the aromatic oil from Mike's bedroom.

"I was sick, I had joint problems and they kept swelling up," Elana said.

"I couldn't kneel and sometimes I was unable to write because of them.

"I put it on the first day and since then - all my pain is gone."

Local Catholic priest, Father Michael Melhen, said in all of his years at the pulpit, he had never seen anything as miraculous as this.

He stressed that he cannot speak on behalf of the Catholic church, but as an individual believer he is stunned at what he's seen.

He is using the oil that comes through the walls to anoint people.

"The purpose of the oil, according to the church, is to bless people and that's a sign, a symbolism of peace," Fr Melhen said.

As the word spread, Johanne Adams heard that the messiah was among us, despite never having met the Tannous family, but now visits regularly.

"Because I believe, I believe in this house," Johanne said.

"I don't know these people and they are beautiful people and it's a miracle."

Every person who walks through the doors for the very first time receives a free souvenir: a cotton bud soaked in the holy oil.

So far, over 3,500 people have received such a gift, with the number increasing by the hour.

"It means that Mike is still alive and that's a message to everyone that there is life after death," Fr Melhen said.

Mike's parents and Father Melhen say God hand-picked Mike from birth. A picture taken when he was just six months old, they say, was prophetic in its similarities to a famous rendering of Jesus.

Some even said Mike predicted his own death, his schoolbooks littered with poems and scribbles depicting the afterlife.

A gate among his drawings bore an amazing resemblance to the dripping oil.

George and Lina say they have not made a cent from the people arriving at their home.

"We have not collect any money, no way, we won't accept it at all," George said.

"All we need is for people to come here to light candles at the church for Mike, nothing else, or to pray, we don't need anything."

Peter Bowditch from Australian Skeptics said that for a miracle to be true, it has to have scientific evidence to back it up.

"To become excited about it, you have to be a true believer," Mr Bowditch said.

"That is, you have to be someone who is immersed totally in some form in faith.

Religious sightings and paranormal activity, known as religious pareidolia, have captivated audiences and the faithful for centuries.

Celestial sightings have been captured on fence posts, windows, even the humble vegemite sandwich.

In Perth, a statue of the Madonna supposedly bled tears of oil.

Extensive scientific testing revealed it to be an oil substance with an added fragrance, most likely rose oil, but where it came from - how it got there - no-one could conclusively determine. A documentary is being released this Easter.

But you only have to look at the faces of those who gather at the Tannous family's home, night and day, to realise that they believe Michael was a direct messenger of God.

"I would like everyone, especially those who don't believe, to come here and to have a look and to start knowing there is life after death," Father Melhen said.

The house is at 6 Bowden Street, Guildford, NSW. Visiting hours are strictly 12-2pm and 4-6pm ''only''.

There is also another article with more information here: Weeping walls Mystery

Labels:

posted by Unknown at 11:20 AM

15 Comments:

I believe in Miracles, how else do you think George Bush became president! ha JK!

I do seriously believe in Miracles. without writing a novel, back in HS i had a friend in a BAD car accident, and she was pretty much dead on arrival to the hospital, well not only is she alive today, but she graduated with a masters degree from college. That was after her parents were told she'd be nothing more then a vegetable, and if she came back would have the brain of a 3rd grader. She had a big article in some spirtual magazine, and talks about how she saw an angel. it was interesting.

Have a good one! S orry for the long comment

11:11 PM  

Hi thank you carmel,I was thinking about a story in similar lines,It is amiracle that Yougave a great input.Now I am going forward with my
story.Thank you once again.
Easter greetings in advance:):)

4:33 AM  

lol the George Bush joke was funny.
The story about your friend sounds really interesting, i'd love to hear more about it so your comment is not too long at all.
Thanks for sharing that.

Deepak,
you were? I will have to hear that story.

7:09 AM  

Nice post. And HA at Phats about Bush:)

7:31 AM  

I watched this story last week on TT and they played it in Sydney last night I think... I think it's such an awesome thing, I wonder what the go is.... My friend called me about it on monday night and started to say, "I'm not necessarily sure this is what God wants", and "I'm sure God doesnt want people praying to a wall or a picture..." ... I don't like it when people assume to know what "God Wants" and judge other people based on it, as in the past this person has told me time and time again I am not to judge other people's actions and also that "worshiping" pictures of Christ would be making up our own image of him or worshipping other people's images of him.

*snore* ...

I wonder how genuine this is, but I do also believe in miracles, and I do believe that this could truly be a miracle.

I guess we'll find out :)

Hope you are doing fantastically, Carmel!

4:42 PM  

Thanks Art, and welcome back from your beach vacation.

Jess,
Your friend might think that people are worshiping pictures and the walls etc, it would be good if she knew that it isn't so in a miracle and that a miracle is only about God. If this is a true miracle, then he has used Michael Tannous.
I wondered if you had heard of this because you were in Sydney not long ago. That's right, we'll soon find out. I am doing fantastically and hope that you are too!
God bless you x

4:26 AM  

Hi Carmel!
I am rather sceptical person, but after my long life(never too long?)I can't judge if I'm not sure. I believe that God is Miracle. Life is Miracle.
I can say as outhor of Weeping walls Mystery said:
"I cannot convince myself 100 per cent to believe the "miracles'' within the house. But I'm not denying that something, possibly influenced by God, could be happening.
There could be another explanation if a scientist was to analyse what lies beneath the walls.
In the meantime, it is nice to believe that something miraculous could take place in a world full of sceptics and doubt".


A lot of blessings to you!

1:06 PM  

I enjoyed your photo page.
Wonderful photos.

1:14 PM  

Happy easter in advance

1:11 AM  

Have a Great Easter Time!

6:52 AM  

Hi Carmel,
wishing you a fine Easter Sun Day!

1:29 AM  

Carmel, Happy Easter to you and your husby ... now that's something I couldn't say last year, aye? Actually I'm not even sure we knew each other last year!

7:47 AM  

Hope you had a wonderful and blessed Easter!

10:27 AM  

Amazing.

11:23 AM  

Hi I recently visited the house of miracles from Melbourne and I have to say I was glad to have experienced and witnessed it. We all get signs from our departed love ones who have crossed over whether we understand them as signs or not. These wonderful people have more and are willing to share with the rest of the world. Take note everyone we are never alone and all share the same feelings no matter what race colour or religion. We are all spirits sharing a human experience in this lifetime. There is so much more beauty in life than sorrow.We just need to accept the things we cannot change or have no control over. Love and appreciate what you have today and worry about tomorrow another day. Thank you to the Tannous Family for allowing us all into their home and experience. Tina 21st April 2007

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home