Winterr's words

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Meme


I told Jonathan that I would do this meme if I blogged before Christmas.
Come on now, I know you don't really want to know any of these things about me but in the spirit of memes, here you go!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?

Egg nog, it's tasty.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

He wraps them of course.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

At the moment i'm living at my mothers house because i've vacated my home, so i've decorated her home with white lights on the tree and colored ones out side.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

I've never even seen mistletoe

5. When do you put your decorations up?

I try to wait til the first day of Advent but they always go up late november.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?

My mums curry rice salad

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Getting our brand new Christmas tree (we live in a hot climate we don't have real ones)


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?

When my sister sung this song to me "someone got a 22 and shot him in the head" she later explained "he's dead and his real name is St.Nicholas" ...............great sis.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

No

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

I hang live cats on it, just joking, I do what everyone does, lights, ornaments and the rest, is there another way?

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

I don't live in the snow. I love snow but dread it when it comes to days on end of it.
12. Can you ice skate?

I've never tried I live in the hot dry part of Australia.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

My engagement ring

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Celebrating Jesus birth, the mass, and family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

In Australia, Christmas cake (lions brand) in the USA, Pumpkin pie and Jonathans grandma's pistachio thingy, I tried to be a lady and not eat it all, little did the family know that I secretly wanted to run away with it and never share.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

Sharing a meal with my family, opening gifts together, looking at lights, decorating the home.

17. What tops your tree?

Star, some times angel,


18.Which do you prefer giving or receiving?

giving, especially this time of year, I do like receiving too, like if someone wanted to give me a whole heap of money, i'd receive it without sulking.


19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

O Holy night

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

"yum", not "YUM", or "YUMMY", they are just like a mint, so medium "yum" without a capital Y, just a small "y" to show that it's medium yum, not "THE BOMB" yum, just "hmm nice" yum.

You know, that type of yum?

If you would like to be tagged just be tagged.




posted by Unknown at 8:34 PM

17 Comments:

Hi Carmel:)
My christian friends will send me cakes and some other eatables during Xmas.
I will have my christmas lunch with my students.
After xmas I will probably gain 2 or 3
kilograms.:):)

9:55 PM  

Oh, I DO love reading tags like these. Now I know more about you!!
Loved your answers and love hearing about how you Aussies celebrate the season!
(I actually did this meme last week on my blog, and it was fun!)
Have a blessed Christmas!!

9:55 PM  

Have a Merry Christmas!

4:42 AM  

Hi Carmel!
Trust me after living in Ohio for awhile, you won't like Snow haha well who knows maybe you will.

That part about your sister made me laugh!!

Ever had the fruit flavored candy canes, those are YUMMY

12:54 PM  

I hang live cats on it.

Actually we don't have to hang our cat on it -- she more than volunteers. She seems absolutely fascinated with Christmas trees.

Merry Christmas! And love.

1:47 PM  

Whew! That was hilarious!
Carmel, live cats??? I haven't known that side of you : )

And I have never seen the "yum" described for a candy cane so well in my life! I have exactly the same taste for it...but that description was precious!

6:16 PM  

I love this meme going around. It's so interesting to see how others answer the questions.

The dead cats quip was good. You should have just left it so people would think, "What the ..."

9:16 PM  

Merry Christmas. I hope you have a fantastic holiday with friends and family.

7:24 AM  

Merry Christmas!

And maybe next year we'll ship you some mistletoe.

11:15 AM  

Hi Carmel!
Have a wonderful time enjoying whatever is fun to you, this Christmas.

2:48 PM  

Deepak,
I think i'll gain a few kilos too!

Cheryl,
Thanks for your visit, i'm glad you liked the meme.
Have a lovely Christmas

Nutz,
Same to you!

Phats,
No, i've never had the fruit flavoured ones, they sound good though!

Dan,
There is something about cats and Christmas trees, they want to get in there and rub themselves over everything! Merry Christmas to you too!

Marie-linda,
This side of me is a bit strange lol. Glad you liked it, I should have tagged you bc i'd like to know your answers.

Art,
I could have kept it going but I didn't want to scare all the readers away!!

Phoenix,
Same to you! And stay safe!

2dollar,
Thank you, next year i'll be over your side of the world though, but you can still ship me a present :)
Merry Christmas to you and your brother and the rest of the 2 dollar clan.

2:53 PM  

Krystyna!
I didn't see your comment before, thanks, have a safe and happy Christmas season.

2:54 PM  

I think the St Nicholas story about saving the girls from being sold into 'slavery' is quite fitting to the xmas spirit ...

Funny though Santa dismissed because he cannot possibly visit all the homes in the worls in 24 hrs. And because not all homes have chimneys. But of course even Santa has internet and can reach even the remotest home almost at the speed of light - even open windows onto many sites at once.

I guess science sometimes debunks the very limits 'closed minds' previously imposed on folklore and 'myths' - A hundred years ago some would have ridiculed anyone talking about being able to talk to someone the other side of the world on a handheld mobile phone.

3:05 PM  

Carmel,
Merry Xmas & Happy New Year too

Season Greetings ^ best wishes to you and all those around you!

3:07 PM  

Quasar,
I think that story is far more fitting than the terrible song my sister had told me. I remember all the children in school would sing it.
Yes they would have certainly thought we were crazy if we had told them we would have the net and mobile phones!!!
I hope that you and all yours have a great Christmas and holiday season. :)

4:13 PM  

Happy Christmas to you and family
Thank you.
good day:):):):)

12:42 AM  

Jack,
For some reason I can't see any of your posts from your blog!!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home