Winterr's words

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Feast of the Immaculate Conception


Since I am a Catholic and want to share my faith on my blog as well as other things and want to wish you all a blessed Feast day of the Immaculate Conception


A feast called the Conception of Mary arose in the Eastern Church in the seventh century. It came to the West in the eighth century. In the eleventh century it received its present name, the Immaculate Conception. In the eighteenth century it became a feast of the universal Church.
In 1854 Pius IX gave the infallible statement: “The most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instant of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin.”
to read more click here

Father, You prepared the Virgin Mary to be the worthy Mother of Your Son. You made it possible for her to share beforehand in the salvation Your Son, Jesus Christ, would bring by His death, and kept her without sin from the first moment of her conception. Give us the grace by her prayers ever to live in Your presence without sin. We ask this through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

posted by Unknown at 10:34 PM

11 Comments:

Happy Feast day!

11:30 PM  

Yes, happy feast day to you. I'm not sure I understand the concept of "immaculate conception" enough to comment upon it but I've often observed that we protestants tend to minimize Mary's role in God's plan. (So as to avoid appearing too Catholic I suppose:) That's a pity because, without Mary, there would have been no Jesus and that would leave us all in deep dookie... Sorry, I hope that's not too offensive:)

11:55 PM  

You certainly get a lot of Feasts as a Catholic, and I hope the celebration goes well for you.

As for your previous post, the dresses look sharp & so do the pics.

6:38 AM  

Thanks for sharing such useful information. I love it.

7:20 AM  

I'm Catholic and Advent and Lent are my favorite seasons!!

10:04 AM  

Happy Feast Day!

12:08 PM  

mnxAmen!

4:45 PM  

oops! ignore the 'mnx' part of my comment!
I think that was part of the word verification that I accidently types in the comments box!

-x-

4:47 PM  

St.Peters,
Same to you!

Art,
It's ok not to understand the full concept of it, it's hard enough to understand the full concept of what God has done for us too. No that's not offensive at all! That's less offensive than my cartoon :D

Photo-effe,
Spero che hai un bella giornata oggi per la festa.

2dollar,
We sure do, we are a bunch of feasting folks :0
Thanks for your comments too about my last post, i've been posting a lot of photos this week, now i've run out and have no more to share.

Peace!
Hope you are doing well, you are welcome and i'm glad you like it.

Nutz,
Same here, although last lent was so hard, I gave up sweets and that's all I thought about.

4hc,
Thanks, hope you have a great day.

Antonia,
Those things happen to me when i'm commenting too, glad to know i'm not the only one. Have a great feast day.

5:24 PM  

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception Carmel! Over here it was a beautiful and sunny day! Mary just has to rain down her light on us...

Also, good choice for the bridesmaid dresses. It's so exciting, your wedding is coming soon!
And you and your friends looked lovely at the wedding in Melbourne. You look like you had such a great time! Thanks for sharing!

7:41 PM  

Marie-Linda,
Thanks! I hope you had a great day. I'm also glad you liked my choices in dresses!
God Bless!!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home