Winterr's words

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saint's meme

Argent tagged me with this Saint's meme.

1. If you were invited to a Halloween/ All Saints Day Costume Party, which saint would you dress up as and why?
I've never been to a halloween/all saints costume party, but if I were to choose a saint to dress as it would be St.Agnes of Rome. I would dress as her because I would want people to ask me about her so I could tell them her amazing life story. In fact, if you want to know it click here.
2. Which saint or other person would accompany you to the party?
I would want Jonathan to accompany me to the party, i'm not sure who he would dress as, probably St.Justin matyr or some one special. As for a saint, I would probably choose St.Francis of Asissi, because of what they say of his personality.
3. What famous quote would help others identify you?
She lived, she tried, she was not afraid to go.....I made that up I'll give you this one which is what almost identifies with me:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. (Ephesians 6:18)”

4. Describe your costume.

I would wear a white tunic type of dress to reflect St.Anges' purity, and I would carry a toy lamb.
5. Which movie or film best depicts the life of this saint?
I haven't seen a movie about St.Agnes of Rome so I don't know.

If you want to do it you're tagged.
posted by Unknown at 7:36 PM

14 Comments:

The only saint I know is Saint Pauly Girl....

hello? is this thing on?

5:12 PM  

:)Hi Carmel;
Have you heard of Parumala church in India.It is near my mother's house .When ever I go there I visit the chuch and lit Candles.A wondeful place to visit.
@Deepak-I have not gone there.Those photos were taken by my friend.
Good Day.

10:54 PM  

Interesting choice. I now will have to do some research on St. Agnes.

1:32 PM  

Hey Cube, oh I bet! lol.

Deepak,
No I haven't heard of that Church, I am sure that india is full of beautiful Churches. Thanks for telling me about that.

Photo-effe,
Not everyone likes halloween, I hear in Italy they have a big carnival on this day. We do not celebrate Halloween with carnivals and costumes here, but I do go to the mass for the souls and the saints.

Cookie,
Yes i'm a bit strangerish lately, i've had much less time on the net. Yes it's St.Francis of Asissi. Nice to see you.

Pheonix,
it's a very interesting story!!

4:01 PM  

I like the quote you mentioned quite a bit.

And I don't know much about saints, but I think there's one for travelers and that's the one I would go with (or as).

5:28 PM  

Hi Carmel!
This is dificult to me. I know about Halloween almost nothing.

I like saints: Poul and Peter.

Last time I read "Song of Songs"
and I can say:
"You are so beautiful! You please me so much! You are so delightful, my love"- (Song of Songs 7:6)

Many blessings to you!

7:43 PM  

oh!
In our world, saint would become a big position in our mind.

11:44 PM  

David,
great choice!
2dollar,
thanks i'm glad you like it. In that case I think you would go to the party dressed as St.Christopher, who is the one associated with travel.
Krystina,
Thanks I came to visit your blog too, thanks for your kind words.
Noush,
It's the same in my world, I would never compare myself to a saint.

12:49 AM  

I liked your answers; they're good.

3:04 PM  

ha! st. pauli's girl! classic!

3:26 PM  

Great choice Carmel! I love St. Agnes.

10:21 PM  

I think I would love to go as St. Rose of Lima. She is one of my favorite saints.

8:32 AM  

This is a very interesting tag, I dunno I found it neat and well interesting! I can't think of what I want to say it's on the tip of my tongue but not sure how to word it, don't you hate that?

11:04 PM  

Hi Carmel
thank you.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home