Winterr's words

Friday, August 04, 2006

Mother Teresa quotes

Mother Teresa is one of my favorites and always will be. I found her to be compassionate and loving among many many other things. Someone who can love a stranger the way she did is just amazing. Here are some wonderful things she spoke about:

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."

"Everybody today seems to be in such a terrible rush, anxious for greater developments and greater riches and so on, so that children have very little time for their parents. Parents have very little time for each other, and in the home begins the disruption of peace of the world."

"Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. " (how sweet is that?)

"I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world."

"I try to give to the poor people for love what the rich could get for money. No, I wouldn't touch a leper for a thousand pounds; yet I willingly cure him for the love of God. "

"Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work."

"We need to find God, and he cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature - trees, flowers, grass- grows in silence; see the stars, the moon and the sun, how they move in silence... We need silence to be able to touch souls. "

This last one, as short as it is, taught me alot about finding God. I hope you like these.


Ok ok, now totally unrelated to this post I have to send out a CONGRATULATIONS to "4HisChurch" who is now Married !!!! After having a husband for 22 years of course. Does that sound confusing? You have to read her post to know what i'm talking about. =)
posted by Unknown at 4:07 AM

18 Comments:

Mother T and Princess Diana both died around the same time. I find it absolutely amzing and ridiculous that more people were upset that Princess D died over Mother T.

There was more hoopla, more memorials, more tears.

Mother T devoted her whole life to helping the less fortunate and lived in practical poverty with the people she helped. Princess D was royalty, lived a privledged and wealthy life. So why is it that a person like that was more cherished than a person that was completely selfless?

7:47 AM  

Mother Teresa was amazing and a hero to many. Those quotes are awesome :)

11:09 AM  

Cool quotes carmel.

question tho, how's it make you feel that Paris Hilton is going to be starring as Mother T. The movie is in production as I write this message.


Sad isnt it?

1:12 PM  

Awwww, thanks, Carmel!!!

11:19 AM  

Fatwonkkid,
Yeah I agree there, good point there certainly was more hoopla, more tears etc. You raise a good question!

Phat's,
Thanks, i'm glad that you like them too.

Jon,
Thanks, glad you like them. I heard about Paris Hilton starring as Mother T. It doesn't really make me feel anything , except that I hope Paris finds great inspiration by studying the life of Blessed Mother Teresa.

4HC,
You're welcome, it was a post too good not to gush over!

4:15 PM  

everytime I saw Mother Teresa .. I felt this calm and gentle feeling in my heart .. she has always had a calm ora and more important a KIND ora ..

Have always wanted to meet her .. may she rest in peace .. I don't like to meet many people .. but she was one of the top most people i wanted to meet .. as i had questions for her ..

8:15 PM  

When I was reading the "finding God in silence" quote, I thought of Elijah at the mouth of the cave watching wind, earthquake, and fire looking for God. But God was in the still, small voice.

I know a woman who has time to be with God in the middle of laundry. She thinks about the person whose clothes she's folding at the moment and prays for them.

8:19 PM  

I like your quotes, they are touching.

12:18 PM  

Another quote attributed to Mother Teresa that I like is, "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!"

3:05 PM  

The first quote, "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies," is particularly compelling.

As for this other quote, "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers!" ... well, flowers that starve due to overpopulation don't suffer quite as much as starving children. Having children without regard to their welfare is awful.

-- david

10:31 AM  

David,
I doubt that Mother Teresa meant that starving and neglected children is a good thing. Are we in danger of overpopulation? Should there be laws saying how many children we should have? Personally I love children and do not want them to starve or be neglected, I believe every family who wants children and finds joy in raising them should have them. If they are irresponsible parents and do not want their child, there are many people out there who cannot have children who desperately want to adopt them.

4:21 PM  

This is a very good collection of quotes, and since you admire Mother Teresa so much, it would probably make you vaguely sick to know that there was talk of Paris Hilton playing her in a movie.

Seriously.

5:05 PM  

"I believe every family who wants children and finds joy in raising them should have them. If they are irresponsible parents and do not want their child, there are many people out there who cannot have children who desperately want to adopt them."

As the wife of an adoptee, I heartily agree.

5:24 PM  

2 dollar,
I can only hope that Paris find some kind of inspiration from playing the role of Blessed Mother Teresa.

4HC,
I believe that every single person is born because God willed them to be here.
That's good to know about your husband, had his natural parents decided to opt for abortion, he wouldn't me Mr.4HC!

6:00 PM  

I love Mother Teresa. I have a couple of her books with her inspirational thoughts and they are always so rich for meditation. Thank you for posting this. I love how she considers a smile a precious gift to another.

11:05 PM  

Hi Carmen-
Mother Teresa
was so inspiring!
Thanx 4 posting these...

:)

11:52 PM  

That's very true, Carmel! His adoptive parents adopted him and 3 of his siblings at once. They were both in their mid-40's. I think about them often, especially when I see a "lotsa mom" with 4 small kids in tow!

2:48 PM  

Excellent quotes! She's an inspriation to the world, that's for sure. Thanks for finding those.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home