Winterr's words

Friday, March 03, 2006

One tree, not two!

I haven't got much to tell you, except that it's only a matter of days until I leave for the US, I have been frantically planning things like someone to feed my kitty cat, water my garden etc, lucky for me I have my trusty family who takes care of everything, but they need to have lists set out so they don't forget ;)
I have to leave a day early and spend a day in the city, I used to live there so I know all the ins and outs and have a great time all on my own, I find my own company really good (lol).
I spent time alone in San Francisco when I was coming home from visiting Jonathan, I was pretty sad about leaving but decided to make the most of my time stuck there and go check this city out. It was fantastic, if you like shopping then this is your place, the train took me right to a shopping mall!

Anyway here is a soppy quote from a movie that I like, it sounds old fashioned and warm, and we could use more "warm" these days. I like the movie it came from too, so here you go:

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides.
And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.
Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion.
That is just being "in love" which any of us can convince ourselves we are.
Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident. Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.

~ Captain Corelli's Mandolin

I hope that I have not made you sick! :b
But I like this, the movie is good too if you haven't seen it.
posted by Unknown at 1:36 PM

11 Comments:

Oh Carmel, I can feel your excitement!!! You must be over the moon about getting to go to see Jonathan!! I'm so happy for you mate. Its such a pain to get to the airport after living so far out, huh??

Hey I went to San Franscisco alone as well! I loved it. :D But I had a really bad experience in the airport haha. Someone nudged me and I fell over and dropped everything and no one stopped to help me, only got stroppy with me for being in the way!! hahahaha and people were rude to me. And I lost the watch my brother gave to me for my 18th and I was a crying mess by the time I actually got on the plane.

LOL the place itself was beautiful :P

xxx

2:59 PM  

Jessy,
EEK! That's terrible, I have also experienced rude people, my rude experience was at LAX airport, some of the security women.
Once I dared ask a question and almost got my head bitten off by this clearly peeved woman. Oh well :(

4:24 PM  

Eeep!!! When I went to NYC it was a little after Sept 11, and there were army men in the airport!! They were directing people with the point of their rifles. Even though I knew I had done absolutely nothing wrong, I was SO SCARED. I was all little and alone!! hahhaaha.

When we went to CA last year, it was freezing on the plane so my friend and I had coats on and of course it wasnt that cold in the airport but my friend kept on her coat because she didnt wantt o carry it and when we got to the customs desk the guy was scary and was like, "WHY ARE YOU WEARING THE COAT???" she was like, "Cause it was cold on the plane" .. He stared her right down and was like, "ARE YOU CARRYING ANY EXPLOSIVES UNDER THAT COAT" LOL And we panicked and were like "NO! NO! NO! Its just cold on the plane, she didnt wanna carry her jacket" and he turned all calm and was like, "Ok. Dont be afraid." What the hell??? hahahaha.

I hate going through customs and filling out those forms. I get sooooooo scared even if Ive done nothing wrong! I've heard so many horror stories.

Oh maybe I should have saved that little ditty for AFTER you got back form your trip! hahaha. Sorry! I'll pray that your trip airport wise goes brilliantly! :P

5:04 PM  

Once you arrive in the USA be sure to poke fun at all the crazy Americans with their silly sunglasses and baseball hats.

12:51 AM  

haha Tony I couldn't do that! thanks for visiting :)

2:39 AM  

hello!! lovely quote! what day do you leave for the USofA?

PLEEEEEEEEASE post while you are out there!!! Maybe send us a pic of you & J together! That was be so sweet! I am genuinely very excited for you!!

& I laughed at you & Jess' horrible airport experiences!! Some sound truely scary!

-x-x-

7:16 AM  

Very exciting! We are all praying for your safe arrival.

I enjoyed the quote; it has a good measure of truth to it.

See you soon. :)

6:18 PM  

Jess,
Haha, it's ok I get scared then too, but I have been so many times now I feel they know me lol.

David,
Awww I like that alot, she wants to make sure her honey is ok =)

Antonia,
Yes I want to post a pic of me and Jonathan together, and I will blog while i'm there, bc Jonathan will be working for some of the time and I will have to find something to do, so blogging sounds like the thing!
I'm leaving in around a week. x

Jennifer,
Thanks for your prayers, I need them! See you soon x

2:08 PM  

Good luck getting to the US, Carmel. Personally I've never left the country to go to another (though I've wanted too) because of a fear of flying.

I remember vaguely when Captain Corelli's Mandolin came out. Wasn't too sure what it was about other than being a period piece - I should check it out.

4:36 PM  

Safe Journey's!!! I hope you have a great time here in the states!

9:20 AM  

Oh I am so excited for you! Have a wonderful and safe trip, and do be sure to update to let us know you got here okay!!! :)

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home