Winterr's words

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Eucharistic Miracle

Boy O Boy!
I have been looking into the "Real presence" lately. Whilst looking and studying it I have come acrross this:
(note that I do not read anything that has not been approved by the Church on these matters, especially where miracles are involved. I don't take anyones word for anything,and am not easily fooled)


Ancient Anxanum, the city of the Frentanese, has contained for over twelve centuries the first and greatest Eucharistic Miracle of the Catholic Church. This wondrous Event took place in the 8th century A.D. in the little Church of St. Legontian, as a divine response to a Basilian monk's doubt about Jesus' Real Presence in the Eucharist.
During Holy Mass, after the two-fold consecration, the host was changed into live Flesh and the wine was changed into live Blood, which coagulated into five globules, irregular and differing in shape and size....

Read more




"So Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.'"
(John 6:53-55)


It's interesting that many Eucharistic miracles have occured during times of weakened faith, as I have learned.

"Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing.' Thomas answered him, 'My Lord and my God!' Jesus said to him, 'Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.'" (Jn 20:27-29)



Eucharistic Miracle in Siena Italy
Physician tells of the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano (which I have written about above)
Eucharistic Miracle in Orivieto Italy

How can one deny the real presence?
Peter Kreeft wrote:
"Fundamentalists resist symbolism in considering historical events, and resist "real presence" and effects when considering sacramental signs. "This is my body" they interpret as wholly symbolic, merely symbolic; yet most of the rest of Scripture they see as not symbolic at all."

John Paul 2 said:
"The year 2000 will be intensely Eucharistic: in the Sacrament of the Eucharist the Savior, who took flesh in Mary’s womb twenty centuries ago, continues to offer himself to humanity as the source of divine life."




What the Church says about the Real presence:

The mode of Christ's presence under the Eucharistic species is unique. It raises the Eucharist above all the sacraments as "the perfection of the spiritual life and the end to which all sacraments tend." In the most blessed sacrament of the Eucharist "the body and blood, together with the soul and divinity, of our Lord Jesus Christ and, therefore, the whole Christ is truly, really, and substantially contained." "This presence is called 'real' - by which is not intended to exclude the other types of presence as if they could not be 'real' too, but because it is presence in the fullest sense: that is to say, it is a substantial presence by which Christ, God and man, makes himself wholly and entirely present."


For a directory of Chappels and Church's that have Eucharistic adoration click
here

posted by Unknown at 3:57 PM

16 Comments:

Amen Carmel!

If we only understood the incredible power of this sacrament...or at least, believed it! In my own life, I am sure it protected me from illness and carried me through difficulty with strength I couldn't find, many many times. The power of the Eucharist is not just symbolic; it is very real!

9:07 PM  

Hey carmel, I dunno if i bloged this, but I was baptized roman catholic. Recently, i've begun to have more faith, altho, I don't believe in church. (no offence) Anyway, I'm heading to the tattoo parlor in 2 weeks, to get this tattoo done, whatcha think? =^)

http://bodyfxtattoos.com/low_res_images/tattoos/blackandgrey/gallery3/jesuscross.jpg

6:22 AM  

bah, the link didnt work too well.

Tattoo!!

6:42 AM  

What a great post!

I too have heard about the first Eucharistic Miracle you posted about.

The flesh-host and blood in the Chalice are still intact (despite 1,200 years having past!)

In recent studies done on them the host was found to be made of cardiac tissue, and the blood is group AB (which is most prevelant in the middle East!)

(I just realised that all that is written on the page you linked to!)


In reply to Johnnydragon...
"Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.'"

8:23 AM  

Wow, this was a great post! The power of the Eucharist is not just going through the motions, or the symbology of it all, there is a cleansing, saving, all around good feeling that comes with it. Faith, one word, five letters, how could it be such a powerful thing? :)

10:14 AM  

Marie-linda,
It was great to read how it has helped carry you through those times, it's really encouraging and powerful when someone shares it like you did, because yes it is very real.

Johnnydragon,
If you read above in my post under "what the Church says" you will notice that it is a different presence to your presence or mine, so DNA is pointless.
Although as for the miracle of the Eucharist which I mentioned also, DNA was conducted there, but I guess you know that.
Jesus said that it is his body and blood and yes I do believe it, but it's more than an ordinary belief from something that comes from nowhere, this is extraordinary and very powerful.
Jon,
That's great news about you having more faith, may your faith continue to grow! no offense taken at all about your Church belief :)and I love that tattoo! Of course I love the man depicted in your tattoo also :)) You should post a picture on your blog after you get it done!
Antonia,
Isn't it amazing! I only found it yesterday a few hours before posting it, I really want to go to Italy something shocking! I even put a picture of Venice on my PC lol.
Sprite,
Those 5 letters are ever so powerful! I like how you describe the Eucharist as cleansing, and saving, the feeling is just unexplainable.

3:00 PM  

To Johnnydragon again,(I can't help myself)
You think it's merely a belief that Jesus is truly present? Not only in the Eucharist with his body and blood (remember, he said it not just the Church) but in our lives today?

There are scientifically tested miracles, not just fake claims but real tested ones. These miracles are testimony of the power of Christ Jesus in our lives today.
Remember I am talking about investigated miracles.
The Catholic Church doesn't just take on any claim, but it investigates, unlike other Churches out there, where people roll down the isles claiming to feel warm fuzzy notions and mysteriously fainting.
Now as for the bread and wine.
Antonia phrased the scripture to you well, what if you believe only because you have seen? Then what would you feel after ignoring the signs around you? Things that you claim to be irrational, are backed up with solid answers.
Everything we have talked about (ok argued), and what I have given you is very rich.
And that is not close to half of it.

2:44 AM  

For anyone's information, studies on this particular miracle are shown on the page I linked to but FYI, studies that were carried out by 2 scienteists showed:

The Flesh is real Flesh. The Blood is real Blood.


The Flesh and the Blood belong to the human species.


The Flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart.


In the Flesh we see present in section: the myocardium, the endocardium, the vagus nerve and also the left ventricle of the heart for the large thickness of the myocardium.


The Flesh is a "HEART" complete in its essential structure.


The Flesh and the Blood have the same blood-type: AB (Blood-type identical to that which Prof. Baima Bollone uncovered in the Holy Shroud of Turin).


In the Blood there were found proteins in the same normal proportions (percentage-wise) as are found in the sero-proteic make-up of the fresh normal blood.


In the Blood there were also found these minerals: chlorides, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.


The preservation of the Flesh and of the Blood, which were left in their natural state for twelve centuries and exposed to the action of atmospheric and biological agents, remains an extraordinary phenomenon.

*note, that these tests are real tests, not made up by the Church, but don't take it from me look up the rest.

2:56 AM  

I was born and raised Catholic, now, just a Christian! (4 several reasons) but honestly, seeing this in print: 'Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
Sounds so Canabalistic, doesn't it?
I've never really noticed that before!
:o

7:21 AM  

I read about this back in December and did a post on it. Truly awesome stuff! How could you not believe after reading about it?!

9:20 AM  

The Bread of Life! The Real Food. We can never have enough of the Eucharist. Thank you for this excellent post.

10:32 AM  

Starbender, lol, well it does really, I remember being about 13 and reading that and thought how can we drink blood ewww? But as for wine, tastes good!

Danny,
Welcome to my blog, I shall be checking yours out, i'm glad you wrote on this too!

St.P's
thank you and you are very welcome
God bless x

8:19 PM  

Ahhh religion scares me. I like certain things I don't like the unknown.

7:15 AM  

Welcome LYL,
I'm glad you liked this and were going to post on it. I enjoyed your blog and have added it to my links.
I think we can have favourites and if we can, then this is mine too!
Bless ya! x

4:01 AM  

Hi starbender:
To me the most interesting part of John is that his disiples that could not accept this teaching rejected Jesus as fulfilling truth.

chapter 6:66(interesting) :

As a result of this, many (of) his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him.

Hi carmel:
Awesome blog! Hear hear to the source and summit!!

12:25 PM  

Thank you Esperance, for stopping by and reading my blog!
God Bless you xxx

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home