Winterr's words

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Like a Child

It's been so hot here, i'm ready to soak in some cold water for a few hours!
Anyway...I have been seeking God for many things lately, as most of us do I guess, or those who don't, find some other thing to seek, which is fine of course.
I have many favorite biblical scriptures that speak so much to me, but for this time of year I think not too much beats Matthew 18:1-5

Greatest in the Kingdom

"At that time the disciples approached Jesus and said "who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" He called a child over, placed it in their midst and said to them "Amen, I say unto you , unless you turn and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever receives one child such as this in my name receives me"

Another thing which is not fitting to this time of year and totally off the subject is that time of Jesus life where he felt so sad. Im talking about "The agony in the garden"
Every time I feel down and face the agony in my own garden I try to reflect on how my agony is nothing compared to what Jesus faced. For he said "My soul is sorrowful, even to death" in a way it's comforting to know that Jesus does understand our sorrow.
But enough about sorrow, I hope all are prepared or almost prepared for Christmas!
posted by Unknown at 12:24 AM

2 Comments:

"My soul is sorrowful, even to death"

That actually pains me to read. I hope everything is going okay for you. I know that when things aren't so great its easy to said than done to just "trust" God (or at least for me, it's something I don't always find easy). But to know that Jesus can sympathise with us is something else.

God Bless you!

P.S What hot weather do you speak of??? LOL Victoria is cold! ALL THE TIME!!!! I never took my sweatshirt off until about 2pm today!

4:26 AM  

someone commented here and it wont show up, boo hoo :(

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home