Winterr's words

Friday, May 26, 2006

Butterfly Kisses

I remember listening to this song a few years ago and liking it, now I recently heard it again and wanted to post the words. I was reading about someone's wedding and how the bride and her father both waltzed to this.
It was written by a father for his daughter, It's called "Butterfly Kisses" .....Sorry it's a bit mushy and soft.

She was sent here from heaven
and she's daddy's little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes
And I thank God for all the joy in my life.
Oh, but most of all,
For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer,
Sticking little white flowers up in her hair.
"Walk beside the pony daddy it's my first ride"
"I know the cake looks funny, daddy,
but i've sure tried"
In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done
something right to deserve a hug every morning and butterfly
kisses at night.

Sweet 16 today,
She's looking like her mama a little more every day
One part woman, the other part girl,
To perfume and make-up from ribbons and curls
Trying her wings out in a great big world.

But I remember
Butterfly kisses after bed time prayer,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.
"You know how much I love you daddy
but if you don't mind, I'm only gonna kiss you on the cheek this time"
With all that I've done wrong, I must have done something right,
to deserve her love every morning and butterfly kisses
at night.

All the precious time,
Like the wind, the years go by,
Precious butterfly.
Spread your wings and fly.

She'll change her name today,
She'll make a promise and i'll give her away,
Standing in the bride room, just staring at her,
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said:
"I'm not sure - I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl"
She leaned over and gave me butterfly kisses
with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair.
"Walk me down the aisle, Daddy,
it's just about time"
"Does my wedding gown look pertty Daddy?"
"Daddy don't cry!"
Oh with all that Ive done wrong, I must have done
something right.
To deserve your love every morning And butterfly
And butterfly kisses, I couldn't ask God for more,
Man this is what love is.

I know I gotta let her go, but I'll always remember every
hug in the morning and butterfly kisses"
posted by Unknown at 10:36 PM

14 Comments:

oh my goodness carmel!! this is the song my sister in law walked down the aisle to last month! its such a beautiful song. at the wedding rehearsals i actually CRIED during the practise. at the actual wedding i was BESIDE myself ... i was crying like someone kicked me in the shins and stole my lunch money!

it is the most beautiful song!!! :)

12:24 AM  

I've never heard it before--could I get it somewhere online?

The words are soo pretty through!

-x-x-x-

2:16 AM  

I've heard this song at wedding receptions. I think it's considered a favorite.

8:20 PM  

Hey Jess,
So I guess this song is well known, I heard it about 6 years ago and then just heard it recently, I thought it was sweet, I love how you describe your emotions lol.

Antonia,
I'm not sure, I would guess that you can buy the CD online somewhere, maybe amazon or something?

St.P's,
the words are so sweet and I had a "moment" lol.
=)

4:48 PM  

Everytime I hear this song I turn into mush! I'm such a daddy's girl, and the song accentuates that so much!
I cannot imagine what it would be like for me to dance to this song with my dad at my wedding reception (if and when it happens). I would get so emotional!
Thanks for sharing with us what is so close to your heart, Carmel!

8:44 PM  

this song used to be really popular at one time, and like you said a lot of daughter/father wedding dances. Not a bad a song. you gonna dance to that? haha :)

11:34 PM  

Marie-Linda, you are welcome, it is a bit musy isn't it lol.

Phats,
Even though I like it, I don't think I will be dancing to this one. =)

1:31 AM  

butterfly kisses are given by flapping one's eyelids next to a cheek or lips perhaps .. awwww i love butterfly kisses .. they are kinda sweet .. kinda loving .. and above all soft .. and one can always kiss her eyes back as they are soo close

5:49 PM  

Oh, when it comes to my daughter, I'm all mush.

7:48 AM  

I miss my daddy
:"""(

10:54 AM  

I love that song... it reminds me of my papa though (he tought me butterfly kisses, and tucked me in when I was young), not my father, and it darn near brings me to tears everytime I hear it! LOL! I got goosebumps just reading over the words again!

Oh by the way it was written by Bob Carlisle.

5:04 PM  

Hi Antonia, you can listen to butterfly kisses at the followig website.
Unfortuntely the couple on the page was dedicated to them as they were killed in a car accident. You'll see a bunch of things and towards the botton you'll see Butterfly Kisses.
Its www.michelleandcorey.com
or www.coreyandmichelle.com
Carmel, what a great post. Thank you!!

6:35 PM  

This song always makes me think of my dad and makes me cry... sigh

8:22 PM  

Awww Jennifer and Starbender, same here which is why I was drawn to the song, it's sad but special. Our dads will always be our fathers there is a poem which I chose for my dads funeral which went like this (something like this)
They say it's a beautiful journey
from the old world to the new,
some day i'll make that journey dad,
to the stairway that leads to you.
and when I finally get there, where all are free from pain,
I'll wrap my arms around you dad, and we'll never part again.


GOd bless you guys x

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home