Winterr's words

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Nearing the end of the week

I am glad that it's friday! It has been such a hectic week, but I am ready to have it slow down as I do nothing but sit and travel. I will be updating my next blog entry from the USA, there will be no time, unless my hotel has some good priced internet hours to offer me! I am seriously praying for no flight delays, I slept in Dulles airport once because of weird weather, but it was an interesting experience to say the least.
I cannot imagine what cold weather feels like anymore, so arriving in Ohio will be a shock to my system, since we have been having some extreme heat waves over here, i'm so sick of it, sweat pours like waterfalls around here!
I have been trying to share some of my faith beliefs over at a group blog I joined called God conference, now I wrote a post before but deleted it because I was so sad about the reactions I have had. But there is no point in getting upset, I tried my best to give and show people what my faith means to me, and I just get angry reactions, why do people get so angry over things like this? I never push my beliefs and was happy to listen to different ones, but Christianity sparks up some surprising stuff, I felt like I was looked down upon because I actually believe in God and the biblical events. But I have the upmost respect for every member of that blog no matter how they reacted to my Christianity.
On a nicer note, my Church fathers readings are going well, I have one day to catch up on though, so I have to read 2 of them tonight, I find them to raise some interesting thoughts, and I have been looking at myself harder lately, knowing that I can do better things while im alive, things to help make me a better person.
When I look at some of my favorite people like Mother Teresa, I feel guilty when I compare her life to mine!
I think trying to do better is a good thing anyway.
That's all from me, have a wonderful weekend and keep safe. x
posted by Unknown at 11:47 PM

14 Comments:

So you are travelling to Ohio...I don't know what the current weather in Ohio is, but its very warm here today. The Spring flowers are starting to come up now. It really hasn't been too cold this winter here. Hope you have a great trip, Carmel!

5:09 AM  

Oh have a safe and wonderful trip!

For some reason the church, religion, and the bible have always stuck up controversy. Don't feel bad, wars have been waged on such disagreements. It is hard for some poeple to accept, so they would rather put you down. When inside, I am sure they envy you, and your Faith. Because that is what faith is. Believing without proof, following without question.

Love and hugs... I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

6:04 AM  

Hey Carmel, I hope that you have a safe and peaceful flight and that you enjoy your time in the USA. (I'm know you will!)

Dulles is not the greatest airport; I know this from first hand experience. Bring sudoku puzzles or something, and you'll be ok. I'll be praying for you while you travel.

Thanks, also, for the prayers for my mom. She said to thank you personally for the prayers. She said that you always seemed like such a "lovely sincere woman" and so she said that the prayers meant a lot to her.

My family and I are also praying for you and Jonathan as you prepare for your wedding -- and we just wanted you to know!

9:16 AM  

Have a safe trip Carmel and God bless.

11:53 AM  

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Ohio. :) I know how you feel about the religion stuff. I am a Christian and I think you have to just keep doing what you're doing. I have a strong policy to "agree to disagree." If I run across a person who cannot handle this then I don't discuss religions things with them because they are always trying to "prove" you wrong instead of really hearing what you are saying. You are doing a great job and I admire you. God Bless you.

12:33 PM  

Carmel, I hope you have the most wonderful trip to the USA and if you dont update while you're there know that you're in my prayers and enjoy your time and have a safe flight and all of that good stuff :)

Thanks for being a great new friend :) I'll be thinking of you!!! Oh and be sure to eat lots of soft-cheetos (the crunchie ones just arent the same) and milk duds for me. (man, I miss them!)

:) xxxxxx

8:56 PM  

I gave up on the church fathers reading, it got too boring, I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again.

5:18 AM  

Carmel, what is the address of this other blog? I am curious to check it out.

5:19 AM  

Cubicle,
Well the same thing can be said of the Bible. If you've read one of Paul's letters, you've read 'em all!

3:02 PM  

A Jewish Travellers Prayer for You:

May it be Your will, Lord my God, to lead me on the way of peace and guide and direct my steps in peace, so that You will bring me happily to my destination, safe and sound. Save me from danger on the way. Give me good grace, kindness and favor in both Your eyes and in the eyes of all whom I may meet. Hear this my prayer, for you are a God who hears to the heart’s supplication and communion. Blessed are You, Lord our God, who hears prayer.

9:28 PM  

Hey Carmel. I was a little suprised to see that you quit God Conference. I am Christian. There were and are definatly alot of different views and opinions expressed on God Conference. I am sad to see you go as you had so many awesome and strong points! Hey PS did you know that they believe they found Noahs Ark yesterday by satellite? Cool hey! My mom called me and told me today! Religion will always be a controversial issue but just stick with what you know is the truth! I do! God Bless you and I hope you are blessed with a much better week! xxxx

10:02 PM  

Praying for a wonderful time for you both.

8:47 AM  

Don't cha know that u'r not suppose to publicly discuss
religion-or-politics??? They
R the 2 subjects that cause the
most controversy in the world.
Especially RELIGION! Wars have been fought 4 hundreds of years
over that one subject. Thousands of lives have been taken 'IN THE NAME OF GOD'--The John Q Public does not seem 2 b able 2 handle it. People whom do not share my views of things DO NOT BOTHER ME!
But they do seem 2 become very hostile! (Me-I'm a lover~not a fighter)--unless I absolutely have 2 become one! (then LOOK-OUT),
And if U really want to get into
a quickly-heated discussion--mention Intelligent Design! WoW-
there is a subject most cannot handle.
The weather isn't really 2 bad here. It is 6 a.m. and it is
30 degrees. Hopefully the sun will continue to shine! Makes all the difference in the world! Think Spring!
:)

3:26 AM  

Hey! How is the USof A?!!!!
I'm sorry people were hard on you; take heart, people were mean and rejecting to every Saint and even to our Lord Himself!

Lots & lots love to you & J!
-x-x-x-

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home