Winterr's words

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Top 10 reasons to be who you are!

I had to re post this, I dunno what I did wrong before, but here it is again

Top 10 REASONS TO BE GERMAN *Stef

1. Oktoberfest.
2. Oktoberfest-beer.
3. BMW.
4. VW.
5. Audi.
6. Mercedes.
7. On a highway you can travel at a speed that would bring you to jail
in any other country of the world.
8. You do not have to learn German as a foreign language.
9. You think Sauerkraut is delicious.
Oh no I lost number 10!!! Sorry stef, ummm dog ate it, I will make up number 10:
10. You can live near Stef!

Top 10 REASONS TO BE AUSTRALIAN *me, Credo, Speculative Catholic, hope I havent missed any
1. Know your great-grand-dad was a murdering bar steward that no
civilized nation on earth wanted.
2. Fosters Lager.
3. Dispossess Aborigines who have lived in your country for 40,000
years because you think it belongs to you.
4. Cricket captain not afraid to cry live on TV.
5. Tact and sensitivity.
6. Bondi Beach.
7. Other beaches.
8. Liberated attitude to homosexuals.
9. Drinking cold lager on the beach.
10. Having a bit of a swim and then drink some cold lager on the beach

TOP 10 REASONS TO BE AMERICAN *most of my link list

1. You can have a woman president without electing her.
2. You can spell color wrong and get away with it.
3. You can call Budweiser beer.
4. You can be a crook and still be president.
5. If you've got enough money you can get elected to do anything.
6. If you can breathe you can get a gun.
7. You get to be really obese.
8. You can play golf in the most hideous clothes ever made and nobody
seems to care.
9. You get to call everyone you've never met "buddy".
10. You can think you're the greatest nation on earth.


Top 10 REASONS TO BE CANADIAN *Patrick, Marie-Linda, Samantha Burns

1. It beats being an American.
2. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to
the ground.
3. You can play ice hockey 12 months a year, outdoors.
4. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to
the ground.
5. Where else can you travel 1000 miles over fresh water in a canoe?
6. A political leader can admit to smoking pot and his/her popularity
ratings will rise.
7. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to
the ground. (they mention that twice?)
8. Kill Grizzly bears with huge shotguns and cover your house in their
skins.
9. Own-an-Eskimo scheme.
10. Only country to successfully invade the US and burn its capital to
the ground. (they mention that 3 times?)

TOP 10 REASONS TO BE ENGLISH *Antonia

1. Two World Wars and One World Cup.
2. Warm beer.
3. You get to confuse everyone with the rules of cricket.
4. You get to accept defeat graciously in major sporting events.
5. Union jack underpants.
6. Water shortages guaranteed every single summer.
7. You can live in the past and imagine you are still a world power.
8. Bathing once a week - whether you need to or not.
9. Ditto changing underwear.
10. Beats being Welsh.

This covers most of my readers I think...

Oh please please please don't be offended, it's just a joke, you are all lovely :D
I did not write these myself, I found them on the net, so don't blame me !!


I had a nice laugh when I read Church bulletin bloopers at St.Peter's helpers

I have been invited to a Christmas party and i'm supposed to wear Christmas clothes! What are Christmas clothes, like t-shirts with Christmas trees on them or something? I don't have Christmas clothes, crikey! Oh well, I do have a Santa hat, that will have to do I suppose because i'm NOT wearing a Christmas tree!

posted by Unknown at 1:42 AM

7 Comments:

Antonia!!! I accidently deleted your comment! Oops, sorry :D
I hope you leave it again!

2:31 AM  

heheehe!! nevermind! :-)
It was just teasing (playfully) the Welsh & fueling that good ol' English-Welsh rivalry!
(Chris is half-welsh though, so I can say stuff like that!!)
-x-

4:22 AM  

First off, we aren't obese, we are festively jolly.

2nd, budweiser is not a beer.

Man, all you aussies, think you know us huh?

8:50 AM  

Antonia, I had moved this post so I think that's where I lost your comment! Yes you are allowed to say that about the welsh now that you are engaged to one ;)

Cubicle Reverend,
Festive Jolly, I like that lol. Nah we Aussies don't think we know you, or do we???
truthfully, I have only met lovely Americans and I have visited the country, 4 or 5 times, I lost count...

11:49 AM  

lol, so that is who I am! It seems to be all about beer and cars in Germany, but mind you, I hate Sauerkraut! Yuck. for the rest everybody is intvitesd to find out themselves :)))

1:16 AM  

Stef!
I thought you would like that one.
For the record, I love sauerkraut, and would love to come visit some day :)

1:43 AM  

You love Sauerkraut? When oyu come and visit I will cook a big pot of it! (Still have to learn how to cook it I guess...)

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home