Thursday, September 21, 2006
Water or Coke?
WATER OR COKE?
This is really an eye opener...Water or Coke?We all know that water is important but,I've never seen it written down like this before.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is soweak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one'smetabolism as much as 3%
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hungerpangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in aUniversity Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glassesof water a day could significantly ease back andjoint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzyshort-term memory, trouble with basic math, anddifficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases therisk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash therisk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% lesslikely to develop bladder cancer.
And now for the properties of COKE:
1. In many states (in the USA ) the highway patrolcarries two gallons of coke in the truck to removeblood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke andit will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola intothe toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for onehour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Cokeremoves stains from vitreous China .
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubbleaway the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted boltApplying a cloth soakedin Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola intothe baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, andbake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mixwith the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of cokeinto a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and runthrough a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will helploosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is
2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bonesand is a major contributor to the rising increase inosteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) thecommercial truck must use the Hazardous materialplace cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?
Do you still want a coke?
I copy and pasted this, I hope it's not all over the place.