Winterr's words

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Water or Coke?

My friend Jasmine sent me this email and I thought it was interesting, i'm not sure how factual everything is but i'm guessing pretty much true, I do know that the water information is true as I have read a lot of this before since I am health concious.


WATER OR COKE?
This is really an eye opener...Water or Coke?We all know that water is important but,I've never seen it written down like this before.
WATER
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is soweak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one'smetabolism as much as 3%
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hungerpangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in aUniversity Washington study.
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glassesof water a day could significantly ease back andjoint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzyshort-term memory, trouble with basic math, anddifficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases therisk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash therisk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% lesslikely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE:
1. In many states (in the USA ) the highway patrolcarries two gallons of coke in the truck to removeblood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke andit will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola intothe toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for onehour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Cokeremoves stains from vitreous China .
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers:
Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals:Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubbleaway the corrosion.
6. To loosen a rusted boltApplying a cloth soakedin Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola intothe baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, andbake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mixwith the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of cokeinto a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and runthrough a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will helploosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info:
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is
2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4days.
Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bonesand is a major contributor to the rising increase inosteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) thecommercial truck must use the Hazardous materialplace cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?
Do you still want a coke?


I copy and pasted this, I hope it's not all over the place.
posted by Unknown at 5:28 PM

11 Comments:

That's fascinating! I have heard some of that before; but not all of it and not all gathered together in one place. So maybe I should buy coke to clean my toilet. ;)

5:45 PM  

PESI all the way mate .. and Coke only when no water is available ..

Yes water is very important .. it is the basis of all life on earth .. it's the building blocks I should say.

Yes water cures soo many things .. not just dehydration and all (short term) .. but it has long term benefits too :)

One should sit down while drinking water (so said by our Prophet Muhammad PBUH) .. because .. if u sand up and drink water .. it falls directly (where ever it goes) .. but if you sit down and drink .. by the time it reaches the stomach .. it adopts the body temperature.

7:20 PM  

Tim, maybe i'll use it for mine too!
Nabeel,
I have only drank coke very few times. I love water. I like the health tip from the prophet Muhammed too, thanks for sharing it.

7:45 PM  

Hmm I am still gonna drink coke, and enjoy it as always I am addicted haha :) I am infact drinking one now

I drink water too though

10:44 PM  

Phats,
At least your insides will get a good clean out :)

12:14 AM  

Sorry, but

BULLSHIT.

How many email windows did you have to open to read that little gem?

:)

3:18 AM  

Yep, all of those coke items are myths. They acutally did an entire hour on Mythbusters where they tried to verify all of the coke myths. I am pretty sure they busted all of them. I think the steak sat in coke for weeks and did not show anymore decomposition than sitting in water. The one about cleaning the bathroom was about the same...think about how sticky coke is when you spill it on your counter.

It was a pretty cool show and went a long way in debunking most of that stuff.

6:23 AM  

I agree about the water but like some of the comments said, most of the Coke items are myths.

Except the baked ham thing... That's true. Try it.

6:30 AM  

Oh the coke stuff is myth? Well I guess some of that seemed a bit extreme. I don't drink coke anyway, i'm all for water, tea and lots of coffee.

5:11 PM  

They do use coke syrup to coat cement racetracks with. My buddy is a racecar driver and he told me that.

10:03 PM  

Would you believe that the first time I was reading this on your blog I was drinking a glass of Coke?...It's true...I tried to feel guilty...but I'm addicted.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home