Winterr's words

Friday, March 24, 2006

puppies and tea

I came accross these cute puppies for sale. I can't buy one but they are so cute. Check out these cute tiny dogs
here
But just for a preview here is a picture of one of the most CUTEST dogs I have seen: Isn't it cute? I would guess it's a little baby girl!!



On a different subject, I have been inspired by
Dymphnas Well to write about tea.
I have been drinking a lot more of it lately, but have always drank it at least once per week, more so in winter because it warms me up! And since being in Ohio I need some warming!
What I want to do is give you some benefits of tea. The following information has been taken from here

So here are some benefits that I chose from there:

Allergy eraser: Thyme tea can help soothe and heal allergy-addled sinuses. A natural antihistamine, thyme also has antiseptic properties to help purge infections. Brew a cup and breathe over it (you'll get a cleansing facial too) or simmer yourself in a thyme infused bath.

Flu fighter: Do you turn to echinacea or goldenseal the moment you feel a cold coming on? "Most people don't know you have to cycle off echinacea or you'll build up a resistance to it. And goldenseal is too potent for long-term use," says Victoria Zak, author of "20,000 Secrets of Tea." Next time, consider a tea of Pau d'arco, aka "the divine bark," an herb with immunity-building properties, which can be purchased at most health food stores and ingested daily. It is antibiotic, antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial, and it's packed with iron, calcium, selenium, zinc, and C and B-complex vitamins.Tummy tamer: Instead of popping Tums, brew some spicy tea to soothe digestive ailments. Ginger, known as "the hot root," warms you from head to toe and stimulates digestion-aiding enzymes. It also cures both morning and motion sicknesses. And look no further than your spice rack for relief from menstrual cramps, gas and heartburn: "Fennel, anise, coriander and cardamom all have antispasmodic properties and help create movement in the intestines," says Augustine, who suggests you add these herbs to your cup o' tea.

Beauty brew: Tea made from rose hips is the ultimate age-defying and skin-hydrating brew, thanks to nutrients such as longevity-promoting vitamin K and free-radical-damage-fixing bioflavonoids and citrics. Shiny horsetail grass is one of the richest sources of silica, an essential element in tissue repair. Revive lackluster hair, skin and nails by drinking tea prepared from this prehistoric plant. Make it work double duty by placing warm tea bags on your eyes to reduce puffiness. If your hair is dull from product buildup, try a rosemary tea rinse. Rosemary cleans hair follicles and promotes hair growth, says Zak. Use once a week for thick, super-clean hair and scalp.

Disease beater: In recent years, scientists have been lauding the cancer-fighting abilities of the powerful antioxidant polyphenols found in black and green teas. "These teas contain properties that not only protect the cells from carcinogens, they also shrink tumors," explains Paul Lechance, Ph.D., executive director of the Neutraceutical Institute at Rutgers University. "While we can't say you'll never get cancer if you drink tea, you are certainly doing yourself some good by drinking it." What's more: A study from the University of North Carolina concluded that people who drink three cups of tea a day reduce their risk of heart attack by 11%.

Hunger helper: If you're looking for an afternoon energy boost without all the fat of chocolate and the calories of soda, Augustine favors oatstraw tea. In addition to its high-fiber content that leaves you feeling full, this potion provides high nutritional value (vitamins A, D, B1 and B2, calcium, iron and selenium) and can boost immunity and energy. Augustine also recommends bitter herb teas such as chicory and dandelion as natural appetite suppressants.


There seems to be many benefits right? It's amazing for something that tastes so good!
posted by Unknown at 11:10 AM

9 Comments:

That picture looks like a Glamour Shots for doggies kind of photo. I can't believe that dog stodd still like that long enough for the picture.

8:27 PM  

Tea is just great! All those antioxidants to fight off everything! :) My new tea love is rooibos--a tea from Africa that was originally used as a substitute for "regular" tea, but its great in its own right. I have so much tea (regular and herbal) in my house right now, I may never finish it! My sister and I plan on going to one of the tea places here today.

5:45 AM  

Awww..., the puppies R adorable!
I hate when my kids C puppies 4 sale. They beg, and beg. U just want 2 take all of them home!
Mmmm, tea! Taste much better than coffe. ...and sorry 4 that weather warm up that hasn't happened yet..., It's snowing!
;]

8:53 AM  

Hi Carmel!
aw! Those puppies are pretty adorable with their mini clothes! Although I don't think they are as cute as the little babies dressed as giraffes etc that you posted a while ago!

Hm, that is interesting about tea. I didn't know any of that! Especially about the echinacea; I will have to remember it because I know some people who just take it perpetually!

also, I just found this site & thought of you:
http://www.motherteresacause.info/index.htm

I don't know if you have seen it yet?

God Bless you!
-x-x

2:32 AM  

Thanks Antonia I will check that site out, i'm honored that it made you think of me!! xxx

10:48 AM  

I don't think I know anyone who loves Mother Theresa as much as you do, so you jumped into my mind immediatly!! :)
-x-

1:37 PM  

Thanks for the tea tips Carmel! Interesting!
And cool pics from your trip so far! Hope the weather's better today.

5:57 PM  

I really hate tea :p But I might have to try some now.

1:52 PM  

I wish my landlord would let me have a puppy (course then I'd have to take care of it but thats another story).

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home