Winterr's words

Saturday, October 22, 2005

What is the history behind your name?

So what's behind your name? What does it mean? I enjoy looking names up, I even have my own book of names.
There is a great website where you can look up your name
Behindthename.com it has all names from all countries so if you have an unusual name you may possibly find it there.
Also, have you ever wondered which famous people may share the same name as you? You can find out Here
Well this is what I got in relation to what is behind my name:

CARMEL
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English, Biblical
Pronounced: KAHR-mel
From the title of the Virgin Mary Our Lady of Carmel. Carmel (meaning "garden" in Hebrew) is a mountain in Israel mentioned in the Old Testament. It was the site of several Christian monasteries

Gods fruitful vineyard/ Gods garden

So what history is behind your name?
posted by Unknown at 4:41 PM

2 Comments:

FAY
Gender: Feminine
Usage: English
Pronounced: FAY
Derived from Middle English faie meaning "fairy". It appears in Geoffrey of Monmouth's Arthurian legends in the name of Morgan le Fay.

2:37 PM  

Heather is Gaelic and I won't tell you my middle name, but I will tell you that it is also Gaelic, and together they mean Beautiful flower.

That is a cool site Carmel, thanks for sharing!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home