Winterr's words

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The gift of forgiveness

I count myself so lucky to know the gift of forgiveness, as humans we fail over and over again, here are some quotes and bible verses that I like :

You were at one time spiritually dead, because of your sins
and because you were Gentiles without the law. But God has
now brought you to life with Christ. God forgave us all our sins;
he cancelled the unfavorable record of our debts with it's binding rules
and did away with it completely by nailing it to the cross.
Colossians 2:13-14

God puts people right through their faith in Jesus Christ.
God does this to all who believe in Christ,
because there is no difference at all: everyone has sinned
and is far away from God's saving presence.
But by the free gift of God's grace all are put right
with h m through Christ Jesus, who sets them free.
God offered him, so that by his sacrificial death
he should become the means by which peoples sins are
forgiven through their faith in him
Romans 3:22-25

When we say that grace is procured for us by the merit of Christ,
we indeed, that we have been purified by his blood,
and that his death was an expiation for our sins
by John Calvin

For all at once all sin is atoned for on the Cross,
the entire Fall is erased, and the whole obligation to Satan
and the entire sentence passed upon the fall of Adam is torn up, cancelled, and annulled by the nails of Jesus
by Count Nikolaus Ludwig von Zinzendorf

posted by Unknown at 4:07 AM

2 Comments:

Hey Carmel,

You visited my site so I thought I would drop in and check yours out. Like the Post, good quotes from the Bible and other great men.

11:33 AM  

Thank you!! I like your site as well, I don't know how long ago you sent this message to me I just found it. Keep up your site!

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home