Friday, October 22, 2004
Now, Catholic women who are taking the pill can risk excommunication (dare I say). This is because at least 25 percent of the time, the pill works by causing an embryo not to attach to the uterine i.e. abortion.
The risks from taking the pill are enough to convince me (even if I were not a Christian) not to ever take it, here are some of the risks:
- You can forget to take the pill, or remember when you took it last
- The pill increases your chance of getting a blood clot
- A 40 percent increased chance of heart attack
- If you are a smoker you have a greater chance of getting breast cancer
- estrogen can make you gain weight
- the pill can effect your fertility and make it more difficult to have a baby, when and if
you decide to conceive.
OK that is not even mentioning the mood swings and bloating etc which are the more minor issues.
Is this the type of thing you want going into your body anyway? When there are natural family planning methods available today? I have come across many over the net and just by accident, you can save your body all the poison in my opinion.