Winterr's words

Monday, November 29, 2004

St.Saturninus

"I adore one only God, and to him I am ready to offer a sacrifice of praise. Your gods are devils, and more delighted with the sacrifice of your souls than with those of your bullocks. How can I fear them who as you acknowledge, tremble before a Christian?"

That is how St.Saturnius replied when given the choice of either offering a sacrifice to the priests who seized him, or to choose death.
I found his response to be so courageous, I mean, here is a man who knows what's going to happen to him (a brutal death) and yet responds with such faith and dignity.
He knew what authority God had over their gods and was confident enough in that to suffer a horrible death if he had to, there was a man who trusted God with his life. That's what kind of faith I want. What an inspiration for our lives as Christians and non Christians, just to know that someone believes so much in someone he loves, that he would not be persuaded elsewhere even if it meant death. What an awesome story.

I read about him today and thought he was a pretty amazing guy. I found a little about him here so if you are interested in knowing the rest of the story.
posted by Unknown at 3:11 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home