Winterr's words

Monday, September 19, 2005

as I was surfin the blogs....

As I was surfing the blogs tonight I came accross a very nice post written by Jack at Idle Mendacity I enjoyed what he had to say about how a baby grows in the mothers womb, and up until childbirth which he writes about here.
Men of course do not get to experience pregnancy, and the closeness of feeling a life growing inside, but I find it pretty cool to hear them take a special interest and marvel at it all. Fathers can go through the pregnancy together with the mother by understanding all about what is going on inside.
The way a life begins and grows is just so amazing, there is a lot to learn for those who don't know exactly what happens in there!
Babies are so cute too!

Speaking of fathers, today is the anniversary of my fathers death, 4 years ago. He died of cancer but I close away all memories of the sickness and remember the wonderful times.
I found a poem from here and wanted to post it

A little girl needs Daddy,
For many, many things:
Like holding her high off the ground
Where the sunlight sings!
Like being the deep music
That tells her all is right
When she awakens frantic with
The terrors of the night.
Like being the great mountain
That rises in her heart
And shows her how she might get home
When all else falls apart.
Like giving her the love
That is her sea and air,
So diving deep or soaring high
She'll always find him there.
Author Unknown
posted by Unknown at 3:09 AM

10 Comments:

*hugs* I am not sure what to say here, accept that you have the right attitude about it. Celebrate his life, and keep him alive in your memories and heart.

Any man can procreate, it takes a special man to make a daddy. *hugs*

10:12 AM  

I'm sorry about your dad, Carmel. I'm glad I still have mine still around. But as long as you remember people, they're never truly gone.

And thanks for the plug!

11:26 AM  

My thoughts are with you today Carmel. And my prayers are for your father. Both of you were blessed to have each other. We cling to wonderful memories until that time God wills us to be reunited with them again.

12:30 PM  

Thanks to all of you!
You guys are very sweet. =)

3:18 PM  

Dear Carmel,
May the wonderful joy you got from the love your father gave you exceed sorrow. One day not too far you'll be together again.

I'm prayin.

7:23 PM  

awww thank you for your prayers Marie-Linda it means a lot and it's always so nice to hear from you :) BTW, I want to read your interview about WYD but can't go to Europe and buy the paper! :(

7:58 PM  

We will see them soon. :\

(hugs)

3:59 AM  

we will Jennifer, thanks :)

4:57 PM  

My sympathies, Carmel.

Thanks be to God, my father lives just downstairs from us. The blushing bride, Frankie and I share a mother-daughter home with the parental units!

Your beautiful verses honor your father on this day. I'm sure he smiles on you from heaven.

God bless!

6:37 PM  

awww and thanks to you too! That was a lovely thing to say. :)

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home