Winterr's words

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Schapelle Corby found Guilty


I just sat through the Schapelle Corby verdict, and unfortunately she has been found guilty and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment for possession and trafficking drugs into Indonesia.
She remained very calm through the trial, prayed "God help me" as we all read her lips.
Her family were hysterical and began shouting, but Schapelle told them to calm down so she could hear the verdict, everyone is surprised at her good composure through the case and how she was the one to comfort her family. I believe that the verdict was based on the fact that Schapelle admitted to owning the boogie board bag where the marijuana was found. (she never admitted that the drugs were hers and has maintained her innocence throughout)
I do not believe that justice has been done and I never thought she would get 20 years. Pray for her
There is an important video of Schapelle's verdict
HERE
posted by Unknown at 8:42 PM

2 Comments:

Why are all these close calls turning into the wrong side of justice these days (I am thinking here of Terri Schiavo, Schapelle Corby, and others...)? Let us keep praying, and praying hard. "Lord, may you send down your justice, for only You can save us! Show us your purposes."

8:14 PM  

I wish I knew Marie-Linda, but as you said, lets keep praying. I always try to remember that there are also wonderful things happening around the world, that we can so often forget by turning on the news!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home