Winterr's words

Thursday, March 31, 2005

A prayer I like

I should be in bed right now, but can't sleep, I have to wind down from a long and very busy day I guess, also im excited about seeing my fiance in the USA soon.
So while trying to wind down I looked in my prayer book and saw such a beautiful prayer, it's only short but it's really nice. So here it is:

When I look at Your heavens,
according to my own lights,
with those weak eyes of mine,
I am certain that they are Your heavens
without any qualification whatever.

I note that the stars circle about them
and reappear year after year....
each with a different function and service
to fulfill.
And though I do not understand them.
I come to the realization that You, O God
are in them.
St.Hilary of Poiters
(bishop and doctor)
posted by Unknown at 6:15 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home